Jewish Museum London- Visitor Experience Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
The Jewish Museum London is more than a building housing beautiful religious objects. We engage with people of all ages, backgrounds and faiths to bring Jewish culture, heritage and identity into the wider story of Britain.
Our collections, exhibitions and activities give a sense of discovery and creativity and our education programmes inspire people to take a stand against racism and to look at the world from a different point of view.
We need your help to give visitors to the Jewish Museum London the best possible experience. Our volunteers are a vital part of the Museum team and work side-by-side with our paid staff.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
- Welcoming visitors to the Museum
- Selling admission tickets and shop merchandise
- Upselling Friend membership
- Providing information to visitors on the collection, events and activities taking place within the Museum
- Directing visitors on the collection, events and activities taking place within the Museum
- Directing visitors on their path through the Museum, shop and café
- A willingness to learn about the collections, and confidence to speak to the public are needed.
No prior experience or knowledge of Judaism, history or the museum is required.
You do not need to be Jewish or religious to volunteer with us.
- Reimbursed travel costs
- Free entry to the museum for you an a guest
- Discounted priced in the shop and café
- Will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, leading to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony