Kids Network - Volunteer Mentor
Details of the Charity:Share this
The Kids Network is a community of children and young professionals connecting through fun, friendship and hardship for positive social change.
We support children at a crucial time in their development by providing them with a volunteer mentor.
The Kids Network builds confidence, resilience and curiosity for ambitious futures through a series of positive experiences and activities.
London is bursting with professionals who are more connected than ever yet often feel isolated and anonymous with no real rooting to their community.
We are uniting these individuals; children and professionals, for a more inclusive London by connecting for change.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
- The Kids Network is looking for committed, fun and passionate volunteers who live near the London Borough of Brent, to make a difference to the children of London. Our structured mentoring programme supports 8 -11 year old's, based in Brent, to support with their social and emotional development before they transition into secondary school.
- As a mentor, you will hold weekly one on one sessions of 1 -3 hours. Adhering to the governments guidelines, these could be with face to face sessions or if necessary, phone sessions. You will help to build confidence, resilience and help your mentee to manage feelings through a series of fun and positive experiences and activities.
- The weekly sessions can be flexible between weekdays and weekends.
- You will also get to meet fellow mentors through our peer network!.
- *Covid-19 Safety Volunteering Precautions*. Weekly mentoring sessions will be in line with the government guidelines. This means sessions could be face to face, and then perhaps phone sessions in an interim period if necessary. For many children the mentoring will be an imperative time for them to have connection and support.
- All volunteers will go through virtual training which will include safety inductions for volunteers including clear social distancing guidelines.
- Volunteers have a budget of £30 per month. We are also able to cover travel expenses.
- We also have monthly mentor meet ups which provide continual support for the mentors.
- Mentors will have a direct contact at the organisation, their Volunteer Coordinator (VC). VC's provide support, encouragement and advice throughout the whole year of your mentoring.
- We can provide references at the end of the volunteering.