Exit Menu

Kith & Kids - Autism Summer Camp Volunteer

Details of the Charity:

Kith & Kids provides services aiming to empower families living with disability to overcome their social isolation and access the services they need.  For all our projects and activities we are dependent on volunteers.

Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:

We are currently looking for energetic and enthusiastic volunteers to join us on our action packed residential Summer Camp. On the camp you will be supporting one of our members with a disability to have a holiday they won’t forget.

On the camp you and two fellow volunteers will support one of our members with a learning disability or autism for the 8 days. You’ll support and encourage them to take part in lots of exciting activities such as; camp fires, treasure trails, swimming, night time activities, day trips to the seaside and much more. You’ll also help our members with their day-to-day routines and preparing our meals.

Not only is it a week full of fun and games for you and our members, you are a vital part in supporting them to develop their social skills in a day to day environment and of course, a fantastic holiday for our members!

The Camp runs for 8 days, Sunday 18th - Sunday 25th August, starting and finishing in Tottenham, London.

Skills Required:

  • You do not need experience.
  • Full disability awareness training will be provided before you begin volunteering with us. The only requirements we ask of you are enthusiasm, energy and to be open-minded.
  • Minimum age for volunteers is 18.

Additional Benefits:

  • Travel expenses reimbursed for training days
  • All meals, transportation and accommodation are provided during the camp
  • Will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
  • All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which may lead to an invitation to the annual Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony in May
  • Interested? Apply below:
    Please note '*' denotes mandatory fields
  • Name
  • Have you come to study at Brunel from outside the EU
  • If you are an international student which visa do you hold?