Lifetime Learning - IT Officer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Lifetime Learning strive for the fulfilment of employability by providing opportunities to enhance the knowledge and skill set of individuals, within and outside the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. We aim to increase an individual’s chances of achieving sustainable employment and to facilitate a wider spectrum of opportunities for individuals in the future.
We provide ASP training courses for Primary and Secondary schools within and outside of Tower Hamlets. The core purpose of this is to provide school leaders a simpler, faster and easier way to understand and analyse school data. We offer highly rewarding ASP training experiences and software that supports schools to sustain, maintain and drive school improvements.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals who share and understand our thoughts and views to help us achieve our goals. We currently need to fill our Voluntary IT Officer position in our office, in Canary Wharf, on a part time or full time. No previous experience is required.
- Our Software support (Full training will be provided).
- Software testing
- Google research
- Website update (it’s very easy to update our website. We use WordPress, Joomla etc Content Management Systems similar editing facilities as Microsoft Word has)
- Database update (Microsoft Excel)
- Email Marketing
- Any other ad-hoc jobs
- Strong understand of PC components
- Technical PC skills
- Excellent PC skills
- Previous experience with PC components is desirable
- Good command of English
- Friendly and approachable
- Good customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Be able to remain calm in stressful situations
- Good communication skills
- Adhoc Administration
- Drive to succeed
- Lunch and travel expenses are covered
- You will receive al the coaching and training needed to succeed in this role
- Hours volunteers will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony