London Transport Museum - Family Learning
Details of the Charity:Share this
London Transport Museum encourages families to engage with the past, present and future of London’s transport through the family learning offer at the Museum in Covent Garden, the Depot in Acton, and through outreach work across London.
We work with a team of brilliant Family Learning Volunteers who support the delivery of the programme and help to maintain the high standards of the visitor’s experience and learning opportunities that we aim to offer.
If you enjoy engaging with children and adults, working in a team, helping others, and encouraging learning through hands-on, informal activities, there are a number of ways to support us!
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
What the role entails
• Being a warm and welcoming face to provide activity information to families
• Working as part of a team to set up activity resources, tidying and restocking materials throughout the day and resetting for subsequent activity days
• Encouraging families to participate together, be creative and love transport!
• Supporting freelance educators with delivering singing and story sessions
• Assisting with tasks such as collecting feedback and keeping a tally of participants
- A friendly, enthusiastic and approachable manner
- Some experience or a strong interest in engaging with families
- Good communication skills and an ability to interact with people of different ages and backgrounds
- An interest in learning through creative activity
- Training and continual professional development (through varied volunteer roles)
- News skills and greater confidence
- Experience in working with different audiences in a museum and heritage setting
- Being part of a great volunteer team improving the experience of our family visitors
- Expenses - travel (up to £17) and lunch (up to £5) are reimbursed
- Regular volunteer networking events
- References for other volunteer or employment opportunities