Look Ahead Care, Housing and Support – Personal Assistant to Support Workers / Team Leader & Contract Manager
Details of the Charity:Share this
Look Ahead is a non for profit housing association. We support people across the following vulnerabilities, young people, care leavers, mother and babies, complex needs, learning disabilities, mental health and substance misuse.
We have over 100 services that range from hostel based accommodation and floating support. We have over 1000 staff and 6000 customers. Our strategy around supporting customers is co-production. We ensure our customers are not passive recipients and use their lived experience and knowledge to shape how we are as an organisation and the service we provide.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We currently have a very exciting opportunity for two student volunteers to help us provide support to individuals with mental health needs at our Harrow Mental health service.
The successful individuals will act as personal assistants to a team of Support Workers as well as the Contract Manager and Team leader. They will have a number of duties including but not limited to the following:
- Collecting customer feedback
- Attend meetings with staff and taking minutes
- Supporting accommodation staff to conduct health and safety checks
- Publishing our local quarterly customer magazine
- Liaising with employment specialists to support vulnerable customers with job searches
They will also be involved in coordinating and facilitating a number of healthy living and in house activities for the customers we support including leisure activities, workshops on health promotion and cooking groups.
- Working towards a Psychology/ Social Work degree
- Have a good command of the English language and enjoy writing
- Social, flexible and creative
- Be willing to go the extra mile in helping to achieve good outcomes for the customers
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Training provided on working with vulnerable adults such as safeguarding, personal safety and lone working
- The successful candidates will be put forward for our paid personal support assistant roles where they will have the opportunities of working with vulnerable customers across our services
- Hours are flexible and can be tailored around your studies
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards the Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Award Ceremony.