Modern Languages at Brunel – Student Teaching Assistant
Details of the Charity:Share this
Brunel offers a range of language classes to students, staff, members of the public and alumni. Our classes help participants to develop competence in the four key skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing. Classes are taught by qualified and experienced language teachers who create a fun and stimulating learning environment.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We would like to recruit Student Teaching Assistants to volunteer in our Modern Language classes. Students will be native speakers of the language in question or at a C1 level and will assist the class tutor in teaching the language.
Tasks could include:
- Helping the tutor in the classroom to deliver aspects of the lesson
- Working with a small group of students to improve speaking skills
- Providing small conversation classes alongside Brunel’s Modern Languages classes
Student Teaching Assistants are required for the following languages:
- Students must be a native speaker of the language they wish to teach or at c1 level
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Teaching Assistant training will be delivered by qualified language teachers.
- Free professional training which can be entered on the CV.
- Valuable work experience as a Teaching Assistant.
- Hours will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, leading to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony