Music Relief Foundation - Communications Manager
Details of the Charity:Share this
Music Relief Foundation was set up to relieve young people's suffering through music. Looking at the pain that many of the young people are experiencing such as teenage pregnancy, mental health, knife crime, domestic abuse etc
A company Limited by Guarantee, registered number: 09408878, based in Croydon, South East London we provide music and art workshops for young people aged 11–19 years, training and empowering them because we believe that every young person has a talent and a purpose in life to achieve. When a youth is empowered, inspired and encouraged, he/she will go out and aspire to greatness and this is our ethos.
We continue to build relationships with the Metropolitan Police, MP's, councillors, local authorities, schools, community and voluntary groups in order to build a strong community for the young people. Creating opportunities for them to easily access us and our ability to signpost them to other organisations as continue our support to them.
Through our continuous work with the young people, we pride ourselves in instilling a deep-rooted understanding of self-worth as they embark on their personal journeys. Thus building confidence and increasing self-esteem with added opportunities to gain accredited certifications.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Music Relief Foundation is currently looking for a volunteer Communications Manager to join its team.
MRF provides music and arts workshops for young people, working to train and empower them because it believes that every young person has both a talent and a purpose in life to achieve. Since its inception, MRF has worked with and influenced over 5,000 young people, achieving very positive results.
The Communications Manager will assist in:
· Producing social media content and keeping all social media channels up to date
· Updating the website as needed (WordPress)
· Developing and implementing communications, branding and social media strategies
· Writing/reviewing internal & external documentation
- Relevant degree or higher qualification e.g. in Marketing/Communications
- Confident to take the lead in shaping MRF's communications
- Strong eye for detail, visual presentation and written language
- Responsible and committed to volunteering for MRF in the long-term
- The successful candidates will gain valuable professional experience in a lovely small team, either working from home in their own time, or from MRF's Croydon office.
- Will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record.
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which may lead to an invitation to the annual Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony in May.