Music Relief Foundation - Events Coordinator
Details of the Charity:Share this
Music Relief Foundation was set up to relieve young people's suffering through music. Looking at the pain that many of the young people are experiencing such as teenage pregnancy, mental health, knife crime, domestic abuse etc
A company Limited by Guarentee, registered number: 09408878, based in Croydon, South East London will provide music and art workshops for young people aged 11 - 19 years, training and empowering them because we believe that every young person has a talent and purpose in life to achieve. When a young person is empowered, inspired and encouraged, he/she will go out and aspire to greatness and this is our ethos.
We continue to build relationships with the Metropolitan Police, MP's, councillors, local authorities, schools, community and voluntary groups in order to build a stronger community for the young people. Creating opportunities for them to easily access us and our ability to signpost them to other organisations as continue our support to them.
Through our continuous work with the young people, we pride ourselves in instilling a deep-rooted understanding of self-worth as they embark on their personal journeys. Thus building confidence and increasing self-esteem with added opportunities to gain accredited certifications.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The sucessful candidate will gain valuable professional experience, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow within a lovely small team, either from working from home in their own time, or from MRF's Croydon office.
The Events Coordinator will:
- Assist with event planning and organisation
- Provide MRF ongoing administrative support and assistance with day-to-day tasks
- Support the Communications team in communicating with a variety of audiences through social media
- Support the Events team with project delivery
- A great eye for detail
- Good administrative and computer skills
- The ability to work on their own initiative and meet deadlines
- An interest in social media
- Excellent team player
- Responsible and commited to volunteering for MRF in the long-term
- The successful candidate will gain valuable professional experience, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow within a lovely small team, either working from home in their own time, or from MRF's Croydon office.
- Will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record.
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which may lead to an invitation to the annual Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony in May.