Oak Farm Library - Digital Drop-in Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Hillingdon library service invites everyone to share and enjoy our passion for reading, our commitment to providing trusted information and for enriching and empowering our communities.
The Library Service will:
- Be a gateway to new reading experiences
- Provide access to up-to-date, unbiased and reliable information
- Present opportunities for independent lifelong learning
- Offer excellent customer care in attractive, welcoming and accessible libraries
- Be innovative with technology and the Internet, allowing library users to access our services and communicate with us in a variety of ways
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
‘Digital drop ins’ allow older residents to book on for 30-minute one to one slots, to gain help with any queries relating to their tech (laptops, tablets, basic ICT help etc…). The sessions would run from 10.30am to 12.30pm fortnightly on a Friday and be held at Oak Farm library in the public PC area in the main library.
The volunteer would be expected to attend 10am to 12.30pm every Friday when sessions run, arriving half hour before the session starts to help setup for the attendees. As we’ll be advertising half hour bookings, each Friday will have a maximum of 4 attendees per week.
- Ability to communicate clearly to older residents
- Good knowledge of technology and basic troubleshooting skills (laptops, mobile phones, tablets etc…)
- Reliable and good time keeping skills
- Gain experience working with older residents in the community
- Build networks in the local community
- Volunteering hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award