Orleans House Gallery- Arts Education Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Orleans House Gallry is the Arts Service for Richmond Counsil. The gallery and Arts Service contribute to the delivery of Richmond's Cultural Parthernship Plan, helping to ensure that everyone in the borough can access their cultutal entitlement- especially those who might experience barriers to accessing cultual opportunities.
Orleans House Gallery provide hands on art and heritage activities to children, schools, families and adults throughout West London, aiming to meet the needs of the community and develop learning through leisure and participation.
Orleans House Gallery is home to the 18th Century Octagon Room, the Study Gallery where you can explore the Borough Art Collection, Orleans House Gallery and the Stables Gallery.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
- Support Orleans House Gallery in the delivery of arts education activities for different groups. This wil involve setting up, preparing resources, tidying up and helping groups to coplete arts and heritage-based activities. Sessions are usually around 2 hours long. You can offer as little or as much time as you like. Join our pool of occasional volunteers and help when you can or offer your time more regularly.
- Applying for a three-month placement with us. E-mail for more details
- Sessions are usually at Orleans House Gallery but here may be sssions run at outreach locations as well.
- Confidence with working with children
- An interest in art or history would be desirable
- Up to £12 reimbursed for travel (Prood of travel needed)
- Information on local training
- In-house safeguarding training
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR- which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony