Osterley Park and House – Events Assistant
Details of the Charity:Share this
In 1761, the founders of Child’s Bank commissioned Robert Adam to create an elegant neo-classical villa for them to use as a summer party house. Today, the house is set in over 350 acres of park and farmland and is one of Britain’s most complete examples of Adam’s work.
We are dependent on the enthusiasm and varied skills of our volunteers to keep the magic of Osterley alive. With over 20 different volunteer roles on property, we have an incredibly diverse and welcoming volunteer community that is a pleasure to be a part of.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We have a wonderful team of volunteers who give their time to keep the magic of Osterley Park and House alive. With over 20 volunteer roles, there is something to suit everyone.
As an events assistant you will be required to:
- Helping to plan events so they go smoothly
- Practical help with signage, marking out spaces for exhibitors, moving tables, putting up gazebos and so on.
- Making visitors feel welcome, answering any questions and encouraging them to get involved
- Promoting other events at Osterley and at other National Trust places locally.
- Preparing and leading creative workshops such as children’s craft activities when needed
- Asking visitors to tell us about their day, so we can improve future events
- You are important in making sure things run as smoothly and safely as possible – this includes getting to know health and safety and evacuation procedures.
There might occasionally be some other activities that are of interest to you, that we could use your help with.
- Cheerful and positive, even when the weather’s not on your side
- Willing to get stuck in with anything on a busy day
- Reasonably fit – you don’t need to be Usain Bolt, but you could be on your feet all day
- Keen to help, but unable to commit to regular volunteering throughout the year
- Available at weekends / school holidays as this is when the majority of our events occur.
- To be a good communicator
- Free training for the role
- Paid travel expenses
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your H.E.A.R which goes on your permanent university record
- Hours volunteered will contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the annual Volunteers Awards Ceremony in May.