Our Parklife- Major League Baseball volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Our Parklife is a Community Interest Company. Our aim is to connect local people to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park through training, employment and volunteering. We deliver the Park Champion Volunteer programme which involves volunteers in welcome visitors at the Park’s Information Point, running the Park Mobility service, participating at events, delivering tours and getting their hands dirty in our conservation and gardening sessions.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees lay claim to one of the most heated rivalries in professional sport and for one weekend only, these two giants of baseball are coming to London.
On June 29-30, history will be made as two regular season MLB games will be hosted in Europe for the very first time.
London Stadium, one of the capital's most iconic sporting venues, will be dramatically transformed into a 60,000-seater ballpark and play home to the Red Sox as they go head to head with their most formidable foes, the Yankees.
MLB and Our Parklife have come together to recruit, train and manage a team of dedicated volunteers who will be at the heart of the event.
We are looking for over 1,000 volunteers to support this incredible event. Across the weekend, you will provide an exceptional customer service to the thousands of spectators coming to enjoy a unique American Baseball experience.
The roles will include:
- Last Mile Volunteers
- Volunteers within London Stadium
- MLB dedicated Green Team Volunteers
- Keeping safe Volunteers
If you'd like to apply, please complete this application form here before 20th May: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/VolunteerLondonSeries2019.
Please e-mail email@example.com if you have completed the form above to let us know.
Friendly, enthusiastic and passionate!
- We are reimbursing £5 travel expenses per volunteer shift. In terms of best practice, we are ‘Investing in Volunteers’ accredited.
- We will provide successful candidates with a Park induction and baseball training so that all volunteers are equipped to welcome and support the event’s customers.
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR- which goes on your permanent university record.
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, this leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony.