Parents of Ealing Self-Help Training Scheme - Volunteer Father Christmas
Details of the Charity:Share this
P.E.S.T.S. works towards a future in which all disabled children and young people realise their aspirations and their right to an inclusive community which supports them and their families.
Our Mission is to assist children with disabilities, complex health and additional needs aged 0-5 years living in the London Borough of Ealing and their families by:
- Supporting parent/carers Delivering advice, information and training
- Offering a stimulating play environment whilst also promoting motor skills and communication development
- Organising supported family activities and outings
- Eouraging participation of children with complex health needs
- Providing opportunities and training for volunteers to learn about working with children with disabilities
- Ensuring we generate funds to continue to deliver all of the above activities
- Assisting the Ealing LEA and other organisations in making our facilities accessible and welcoming to all disabled children and their families
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
P.E.S.T.S. will be hosting Dick Whittington, a multi-sensory pantomime on Monday 20th December for ONE day only from 9am-4pm with TWO showings; morning and afternoon. We want to provide a warm, friendly atmosphere for families attending, encouraging children to get involved in the events and activities provided.
We are looking for a volunteer to dress up as Father Christmas to help deliver a fun and exciting experience for children who are differently abled. Some of the children may be autistic, have a social communication delay, downs syndrome or a physical need and are aged between 0yrs-12yrs.
Your role will be to assist to:
- Help set up, which may involve positioning tables and chairs for the morning and afternoon showings
- Assist where needed in helping the event run smoothly
- Meet and greet the children in Santa’s Grotto after the morning and afternoon showings, presenting a gift to each child and taking photos with the children if requested
- Generally offering a supporting hand to ensure smooth running of the event
COVID guidelines will be adhered to in Santa’s Grotto and will not involve children sitting on Santa’s knee.
- We are looking for a volunteers who do not mind working with parents/carers and their children to ensure these events are fun for the children.
- We are looking for volunteers who have bags of energy, with a ‘can-do attitude’ and interested in working with children who have additional needs.
- Volunteering hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award