Primary Sporting Development – Assistant Coach
Details of the Charity:Share this
Primary Sporting Development (PSD) is a sports coaching company that operate in primary schools predominantly in Hillingdon but as far out as Surrey, South London and Hertfordshire. PSD has been committed to developing the next generation of sporting stars for 16 years and delivers over 1000 hours of physical activity across the region every week in over 40 schools.
The PSD values are:
- Performance; the pursuit of excellence and sporting proficiency
- Sportsmanship; the understanding and application of fair play
- Determination; demonstration of the desire to continue trying your best in the face of adversity
PSD has some of the most dedicated, qualified and enthusiastic coaches in the region – some of which are Brunel alumi and started working with PSD during their time at Brunel – and they are responsible for delivering the high quality sessions on a daily basis. Our sessions consist of PE lessons, extra-curricular clubs, focus groups, Ofsted support, CPD, school team support and PPA cover.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Planning and delivering sessions in a variety of sports working closely with the lead coach to ensure that standards are maintained
- Demonstrating a proactive attitude
- A willingness to be flexible and adapt to different situations
- Ensure that the PSD values are demonstrated and upheld at all times
Hours will vary depending on school timetable. A school day is typically 08:30 – 16:30 so required hours will fall between those times.
The volunteer will be based at one of our schools in the Hillingdon area.
- An understanding of teaching and coaching
- Minimum Level 1 in coaching a sport
- A proactive and hardworking attitude
*DBS required – provided free of charge by Brunel Volunteers
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- CPD opportunities
- Ongoing feedback from lead coach
- Opportunity to deliver sessions
- All hours volunteered will be recorded on your H.E.A.R – which goes on your permanent university record
- Hours volunteered will contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Award Ceremony