Qoys Daryeel (Family Care) - Volunteer Bid Writer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Qoys Daryeel (Family Care) is a community-based charity that supports vulnerable, disadvantaged and under-represented women and girls in Hillingdon.
We promote social inclusion, improved mental health and well-being among our female BAME refugees and asylum seekers, who are marginalised, isolated and excluded by socioeconomic deprivation. We also provide individual mentoring, group programmes and events.
Main activities of organisation:
- To run workshops across Hillingdon on issues around health and well being, parenting and education
- We work with Race on the Agenda as part of the Active Lives, Healthy Minds- which is a mental health and well being project
- We work with the NHS/local CCG Hillingdon to raise awareness within the Somali community about Cervical Cancer Screenings
- We deliver monthly awareness raising sessions for parents and carers at Wood End Park Academy
- We deliver weekly parenting classes and monthly coffee mornings at Cranford Primary School Hillingdon and Viking School Ealing
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
As Bid Writer, your role will involve preparing and writing funding bids, enabling QD to move forward in developing new ideas and projects and strengthening and increasing our capacity to reach out to more vulnerable women in the community.
As a young charity with a big vision, this role is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who enjoys helping a small organisation grow and improve. This can be a home or office-based role, and the hours are flexible to suit you.
- Must have good communication skills
- Able to build relationships quickly and effectively
- Fully computer literate and comfortable with the main Microsoft Office tools, internet and emails
- Organised and self-motivated
- Bid writing experience beneficial but not essential
- Ideally can speak Somali and Arabic but not essential
- Relevant training courses or opportunities may be offered
- We will make sure you have the support, training, advice, resources and processes you need
- Volunteering hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award