Brunel Santander Cycle Scheme Promoter
Details of the Charity:Share this
We need keen cyclists to help promote Brunel's new cycle hire scheme with our partners from nextbike.co.uk at Freshers Fayre. Nextbike is a designer, manufacturer, supplier and operator of public cycle hire scheme. Founded in Leipzig, Germany in 2014, the company has grown rapidly from a small bike hire scheme with 20 bikes to a truly global operation with scheme in over 200 cities across 25 countries worldwide and over 50,000 bikes.
Our UK Team is a small and dynamic group of ambitious, innovative, and entrepreneurial individuals working hard to achieve a common goal: to change the cityscape across the United Kingdom and the world. Brunel University London currently has a 50 bike scheme with 6 docking stations across the University grounds, Hillingdon Hospital and Uxbridge High Street.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We need keen cyclists to help promote Brunel's new cycle hire scheme with our partners from nextbike.co.uk at Freshers Fayre.
- Attend a dedicated desk at Brunel's Freshers Fayre to promote the scheme
- Display promotional material such as leaflets and offer free promotional merchandise
- Enlist new subscribers to the scheme and present an example bike
- Welcome new students to the stall
Bike share is a new and exciting field, so no two days are the same. We are expecting to grow the scheme so are looking for someone ambitious and energetic who wants to grow with it. You must be a confident and eloquent speaker with strong interpersonal skills.
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Free training received
- Six months free subscription to those that help
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony