Team Up - Volunteer Tutor (English or Maths)
Details of the Charity:Share this
Team Up works to reduce the widening attainment gap in education by helping underachieving disadvantaged pupils double their expected progress and improve their future prospects. We do this through inspirational volunteer tutors with the support of qualified teachers.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds are 2.5 times less likely to gain access to university than those from high-income families - our growing movement aims to change this.
Team Up uses tuition, delivered by inspirational role models, to enable pupils from low-income backgrounds to meaningfully increase their academic attainment to improve the choices open to them.
Our programme extends the benefits of rigourous and inspirational academic tuition to children from low-income backgrounds to enable them to realise their full potential.
- Deliver weekly 60/90 minute tuition sessions for a group of 2-4 pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Use our lesson plans and materials to create inspiring tutoring sessions
- Provide encouragement and guidance for your pupils alongside academic tutoring
We assess candidates on a case-by-case basis and conduct interviews with anyone who applies to become a tutor. Typically, we are looking for applicants with a strong desire to help others and act for social change. A grade 6 or above in the GCSE of the subject you wish to tutor is generally required.
Sessions will take place on Friday mornings in Uxbridge, a short distance from the Brunel campus. Transport may be able to be arranged from campus.
- Transforming the education of a small group of pupils who are coming from a disadvantaged background
- Volunteering hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award