Thames Hospice - Retail Assistant
Details of the Charity:Share this
Thames Hospice is the local charity for people living in East Berkshire and South Buckinghamshire. We provide expert care to adults who have a life-limiting illness - and their families and carers.
We care for people holistically which means focussing on the physical, social and psychological needs of our patients, not just their condition. Our highly skilled professional teams work with patients and their families, carers and loved ones to develop a complete programme of care tailored to their individual needs.
It costs over £12 million every year to keep our vital services going. We rely on our community to fund over 50% of our care and services.
Our Vision is “Quality of life to the end of life for everyone”
Our Mission is “To provide and support the best palliative and end of life care to our community, giving dignity and comfort to those facing life limiting conditions”
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Main tasks :
- Talking to customers and making them feel welcome in the shop
- Advising and helping customers as they browse
- Visual merchandising- ensuring the shop looks it’s best and is on-trend
- Receive donated goods and sort, price and prepare for sale
- Operating the till and dealing with various types of payment
- Answering customer enquiries
- Keeping an eye on the security of the shop
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Promote Gift Aid, the Hospice Lottery and other incentives
- To be interested in the work of Thames Hospice
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to get along with people and work as part of a team
- Basic numeracy skills
- We will provide the training you need to feel confident in the role
- Volunteering hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award