The Brain Tumour Charity - Events Team Support Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
The Brain Tumour Charity is the world's leading brain tumour charity and the largest dedicated funder of research into brain tumours globally.
Our vision is for a world where brain tumours are defeated
Your brain is the most extraordinary part of your body. It's responsible for your ability to move and to communicate. It controls your emotions and stores your memories. It's the part of you that makes you who you are.
Yet, at least 88,000 children and adults are currently estimated to be living with a brain tumour in the UK. And the impact can be devastating. Just 12% of adults survive for five years after diagnosis, and brain tumours reduce life expectancy by an average of 27 years – the highest of any cancer.
Despite this, treatments haven't changed in 40 years, and research into brain tumours is still woefully underfunded. Just 3% of the money spent each year on cancer research in the UK is spent on brain tumours.
We know progress isn't happening fast enough. We need to do more if we're going to find a cure. And we need to do it now. That's why we're investing in more forward-thinking research, more specialist support services, and passionately lobbying for more urgent change.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
As an Events Team Support Volunteer, you will be involved in:
- Triaging new walkers to help us find out about our supporters and deliver the most appropriate stewardship for them
- Managing and placing t-shirt orders to ensure all walkers receive their t-shirts for their walks
- Managing The Twilight Walk inbox to ensure all emails are replied to in a timely manner and all queries are resolved
- Create engaging content to encourage walkers in The Twilight Walk Facebook group
- A passion for events and a willingness to get stuck in and learn
- Strong IT and computer skills
- Great organisational ability
- A friendly, professional and polite manner for communicating with our community via email
- Prior experience using a CRM or similar database (desirable)
- You will gain invaluable Event Management experience to share on your CV or in future job interviews, helping you to stand out
- Volunteering hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award