The Brain Tumour Charity - Social Media Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
The Brain Tumour Charity is the world's leading brain tumour charity and the largest dedicated funder of research into brain tumours globally.
Our vision is for a world where brain tumours are defeated
Your brain is the most extraordinary part of your body. It's responsible for your ability to move and to communicate. It controls your emotions and stores your memories. It's the part of you that makes you who you are.
Yet, at least 88,000 children and adults are currently estimated to be living with a brain tumour in the UK. And the impact can be devastating. Just 12% of adults survive for five years after diagnosis, and brain tumours reduce life expectancy by an average of 27 years – the highest of any cancer.
Despite this, treatments haven't changed in 40 years, and research into brain tumours is still woefully underfunded. Just 3% of the money spent each year on cancer research in the UK is spent on brain tumours.
We know progress isn't happening fast enough. We need to do more if we're going to find a cure. And we need to do it now. That's why we're investing in more forward-thinking research, more specialist support services, and passionately lobbying for more urgent change.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
This is an exciting opportunity to support our marketing team by being involved in creative content creation work, engaging with our online community and reaching out to those talking about our cause.
The role will include:
- Working with our Social Media and Digital Marketing Manager to manage and engage with our social media community via comments, inbox messages and social listening
- Working with our Social Media and Digital Marketing Manager to develop and schedule creative social media content
- Assist with social media campaign and advertisement launches and assisting with some social media reporting on our social media impact and content performance
- Are happy creating written content for a variety of audiences,while being sensitive to The Charity’s voice and brand
- Are confident using a variety of social platforms and scheduling tools (e.g. SproutSocial and Create) (desirable but not mandatory)
- Are creative and innovative, with a keen eye for detail
- Have experience working with families or individuals through a social care or support based role (desirable)
- Have prior experience in social media or marketing including social media analytics (desirable)
- You’ll have the opportunity to utilise your existing skills, while developing and learning new ones to take forward into the future
- Volunteering hours go towards the Brunel Volunteer Award