Exit Menu

The London Childrens Practice- Activity Days volunteer

Details of the Charity:

We are a practice offering Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Educational Psychology, Paediatric Medicine, Play Therapy, Art and Drama Therapy, Child Counselling, Tutoring and EAL support across several clinics in London. 

Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:

The London Children's Practice are looking for volunteers to help them during their activity days running from  Monday 8th April– Thursday 18th April, 2019 in their clinic at 18 Wimpole Street. The activity days involve supporting children who have speech and language as well as sensory and motor difficulties to engage in gross motor, sensory, language development, and attention and listening activities. The children who attend have a range of difficulties such as ASD, behavioural difficulties, and learning difficulties.

We are also flexible with dates depending on each volunteer’s availability – most of our volunteers attend for at least two days. The activity days runs from 10am – 3pm and volunteers are asked to attend from 9.30am – 3.15pm.

Skills Required:

We are looking for volunteers who are keen to develop skills in working with children with additional needs, and who are proactive and willing to undertake new challenges. Volunteers are tasked with supporting the children to participate in the activities and are also given opportunities to suggest and lead activities should they wish to do so.

Additional Benefits:

  • We support our volunteers to develop a set of goals (like competencies) that you wish to achieve during your time with us, and will provide opportunities for you to do so.
  • Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
  • All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony.
  • Interested? Apply below:
    Please note '*' denotes mandatory fields
  • Name
  • Have you come to study at Brunel from outside the EU
  • If you are an international student which visa do you hold?