The Mix – Comment Moderator
Details of the Charity:Share this
The Mix is here to help young people take on the embarrassing problems, weird questions, and “please-don’t-make-me-say-it-out-loud thoughts” that they have. From mental health to money, from homelessness to finding a job, from break-ups to drug. The Mix is here to help 25s and under anywhere and anytime; online, over the phone or via social media.
Whether it is by digesting our articles and videos, talking with others going through similar situations on forums and group chats, or seeking support with trained volunteers and counsellors over the phone; The Mix is a multi-channel service dedicated to giving young people the information and support they need to make the best decisions.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The Mix has a range of articles that cover everything from relationships to housing issues. As a Commenting Moderator with The Mix you’ll help us reply to the comments young people leave under our articles when they are seeking additional support.
- Checking comments, responding to and editing them when needed
- Offering empathy, information and ongoing signposting to support services and other articles on The Mix website.
- Two hour shifts every week
- Flexible shifts to fit around your schedule
- To be 16-25 years old
- The ability to access the internet on a regular basis
- Basic computer skills
- To be non-judgemental, diplomatic and have a good sense of humour
- To be enthusiastic about helping young people
- Full training provided
- Throughout training and whilst volunteering you’ll have regular feedback from staff that will enable you to develop in this role
- Regular contact to ensure your own self-care is supported
- Experience of providing direct support to young people across a range of issues
- Reference provided upon request confirming role and length of volunteering
- All hours volunteered will be recorded on your H.E.A.R – which goes on your permanent university record
- Hours volunteered contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony