Urban Hope – Volunteer Youth Work Supporter
Details of the Charity:Share this
Urban Hope is a youth and community project in Islington providing safe spaces, positive relationships and new experiences for young people.
We start by building relationships. Young people have the opportunity to build relationships with committed and skilled youth workers and volunteers who care, take time to listen, and design programmes of support and activities that will help them reach their potential.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are looking for volunteers to help us run our evening youth club sessions. This would involve a 2 ½ hour commitment one evening a week. We need volunteers to work alongside youth workers in building positive relationships with young people, acting as role models and providing positive activities.
We’re not looking for experts on youth work or youth culture – we’ll give you all the support you need. What we do need are people who would enjoy cooking a meal, playing some table tennis or football, doing some art or just generally getting to know some of the young people in their area. This isn’t an exhaustive list, we love hearing new ideas so if there’s something you’d like to bring, please tell us about it!
Volunteering at Urban Hope makes you part of the community; with the help of a supportive team, you will be making an impact on the lives of local young people.
We run sessions every night of the week (times vary).
- Desire to develop new and lasting relationships with young people.
- Willingness to suggest and try new things.
- Must be reliable and committed to attending sessions
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR - which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which may lead to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony in May