Victim Support – Fundraising Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Victim Support (VS) is the leading independent charity for people affected by crime in England and Wales. Our specialist teams provide individual, independent, emotional and practical help to enable children, young people and adults recover and move beyond the impact of crime.
Last year we offered support to just under one million victims of crime. We understand the impact that crime has on people’s lives and know what it takes to help them get their lives back on track. Our expertise and experience are the reason why 96% of victims we supported last year were satisfied with the support we gave them.
Our support services are free, confidential, tailored to individual needs and continue for as long as it takes. Because we understand the impact that crime has on people and their communities, we’re able to work with them to rebuild their lives after crime.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
- The London Triathlon, Color Vibe run, the Zombie Evacuation run, Thames Path challenge or even a bungee jump! Do it solo or as part of a group and have great fun whilst raising much needed funds.
- You could get your creative hat on and organise your own event! Bucket collections, cake sales, dinners and quizzes can be simple to organise and a good way to raise money.
- Or you could spread the word and raise awareness of Victim Support at student and community events which will help raise our profile.
This is a flexible role that fits around your schedule. The activities are one off events so you can get involved whenever is convenient for you.
- Creative and full of ideas
- Friendly and approachable
- Enthusiastic, reliable and able to work as part of a team
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Training provided
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contributed will go towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony