YVHSC - Patient Experience Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Your Voice in Health and Social Care (YVHSC) is an independent organisation that gives people a voice to improve and shape services and help them get the best out of health and social care provision.
YVHSC specialises in providing Health and Care services that offer effective engagement and involvement that impact community well-being and development. Using our expertise, we involve people in efficient and inclusive ways and maximise the impact of our engagement.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Our Healthwatch services collect feedback regarding service users' experiences of the health and social care system within their local borough. We listen to people from every part of our community and from this feedback we compile a report highlighting the key trends. This report is then submitted to the NHS & LAS providers who are obligated to respond, stating how they will address the issues raised.
Because our patient experience work puts us in direct contact with service users we also take the opportunity to make sure they are aware of the health and social care services available to them in their borough where appropriate.
- Providing support to the patients and their families/carers and listening carefully to their feedback
- Conducting face to face survey’s with patients in various GP and hospital surgery’s around the borough
- Collecting online reviews from Google, the NHS and Care opinion to use in our reports
- When appropriate, signpost residents and service users to health and social care services within the local borough
- When appropriate, signpost people to the Feedback centre and other organisations that can support people to feedback their experiences
- Inputting patient experience feedback into our database
- Analyse patient experience feedback by identifying themes
- Researching potential partner organisations that will help us give more residents the chance to give their feedback on the health and social care experiences
- Aged 18 or over
- Able to travel to and around the boroughs in which we operate (Ealing, Hounslow, Lewisham, Bromley, Waltham Forest & Hammersmith & Fulham)
- Languages in addition to English are considered a plus
- A friendly approachable manner and good verbal communication and listening skills
- Access to our training hub which includes a variety of courses
- Volunteering hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award