Exit Menu

YVHSC - Research Project Volunteer

Details of the Charity:

Your Voice in Health and Social Care (YVHSC) is an independent organisation that gives people a voice to improve and shape services and help them get the best out of health and social care provision.

YVHSC specialises in providing Health and Care services that offer effective engagement and involvement that impact community well-being and development. Using our expertise, we involve people in efficient and inclusive ways and maximise the impact of our engagement.

Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:

Healthwatch is committed to making changes to health and social care services that reflect the needs of the people in the local community. To do that, we establish projects looking into the key concerns and issues reported to us by the general public.

 We need the assistance of volunteers in these project groups to help us look thoroughly at these issues. The project groups are practically focused and made up of people interested in a particular area of health and social care.

Key tasks:

  • Attend planning meetings and help develop a practical strategy for completing the project
  • Read relevant consultation documents and reports
  • Analyse service specifications
  • Draft questionnaires
  • Analyse findings of surveys
  • Meet with NHS, social care staff and managers to collect information
  • Draft recommendations as a result of the report

Skills Required:

  • A working understanding of IT and Microsoft Office
  • Previous experience in research
  • A demonstrable interest in one or more health and social care issues
  • Experience with working with data
  • Experience with report writing
  • Able to give a minimum of 4 hours a week

Additional Benefits:

  • Access to our training hub which includes a variety of courses
  • Volunteering hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award
  • Interested? Apply below:
    Please note '*' denotes mandatory fields
  • Name
  • Have you come to study at Brunel from outside the UK
  • If you are an international student which visa do you hold?