DASH - Food bank Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
The Disablement Association Hillingdon (DASH) is a charity providing advice, support, and activities that allow disabled people who are a resident of Hillingdon to take control of their lives and become more independent, confident, and part of the community. The organisation offers advice and support for people with a disability and a range of sporting and recreational activities all focused on encouraging people to socialize with one another.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
In this role, you will help and support DASH clients by providing food assistance, chatting, engaging, and offering any advice to them relating to benefits. As a Food Bank Volunteer, you will gain numerous skills such as enhancing your social involvement, teamwork skills, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Typical duties include:
- Supporting an existing DASH employee sorting and organising food donations received from individuals, businesses, and food drives
- Helping to pack food items into boxes or bags for distribution
- Keeping track of the inventory, recording donations, and updating stock levels to maintain efficient operations
- Engaging with people and asking relevant questions in order to see what help they need
Please note, Brunel Volunteers team would like you to commit to a minimum of 2-3 months.
- Volunteering Hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award
- Volunteering achievement recognised on your HEAR Transcript