CLCH - Art Activities Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
At CLCH, We provide community health services to more than two million people across eleven London boroughs and Hertfordshire. Every day, our professionals provide high-quality healthcare in people's homes and local clinics, helping them to:
- Stay well
- Manage their own health with the right support
- Avoid unnecessary trips to, or long stays in, hospital
We support our patients at every stage of their lives, providing health visiting for new-born babies through to community nursing, stroke rehabilitation and palliative care for people towards the end of their lives.
Our vision: Deliver great care closer to home.
Our mission: Working together to give children a better start and adults greater independence.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We’re looking for a creative and engaging volunteer to give a few hours a week at Heathlands Ward in Merton to lead group art activities with patients in our care
We’ll be encouraging patients to get arty and create colourful new designs for the walls and corridors in our wards. As part of the team, you’ll share your knowledge and tips on art activities to engage patients and lead regular art sessions.
- As part of the team you’ll lead arts/craft activities for the patients and staff
- You’ll develop new ideas for visual arts and crafts projects
- You’ll encourage patients to get involved in the ward and promote the sessions
- You’ll advise on activity plans and share technical knowledge
- You’ll work closely with the staff to deliver ideas within the limits of the setting
Heathlands Court, Parkside, Wimbledon
2-4 hours per week negotiable
- You’ll be an experienced in the delivery of arts/crafts workshops to a range of different people
- You’ll have a desire to gain experience in a hospital environment or simply share skills
- You’ll be creative and able to develop activities that will have a positive impact on patients and staff
- You’ll an interest in, and enthusiasm for, delivering arts projects in healthcare environments
- You’ll have good organisational skills
- Free access to NHS eLearning for Healthcare workers which works as an NHS passport with all learning modules
- Gain experience in a busy healthcare environment
- Volunteering Hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award