Terrence Higgins Trust - User Events Engagement Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
We're the UK's leading HIV and sexual health charity. We support people living with HIV and amplify their voices, and help the people using our services to achieve good sexual health.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
THT are committed to helping people living with HIV to live happier and healthier lives - as part of that commitment we are seeking volunteers to help support our service users that are aged 50+ and looking to enjoy a variety of social activities such as guided walks, visits to gardens and museums, theatres and galleries
If you would like to get involved in such activities which will help the wellbeing of participants, enable new friendships to blossom and enable opportunities for face to face groups to happen please apply for this exciting volunteer role.
The expectation is that activities would be Monday to Friday subject to the availability of the volunteer and the nature of the event/visit. This may involve occasional evening commitment.
- Experienced and confident at delivering face to face events
- Familiarity with online meeting tools including Zoom
- Experience in using Survey Monkey and another survey/feedback tools.
- Experience in planning and creating social media posts on a variety of platforms
- Database experience – knowledge of copyright and GDPR.
- Experience in coordinating community events
- Role-specific training
- Travel expenses covered, and lunch if you volunteer for 4 hours over a lunch period.
- References are given subject to THT policy