CLCH - Meet and Greet Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
At CLCH, We provide community health services to more than two million people across eleven London boroughs and Hertfordshire. Every day, our professionals provide high-quality healthcare in people's homes and local clinics, helping them to:
- Stay well
- Manage their own health with the right support
- Avoid unnecessary trips to, or long stays in, hospital
We support our patients at every stage of their lives, providing health visiting for new-born babies through to community nursing, stroke rehabilitation and palliative care for people towards the end of their lives.
Our vision: Deliver great care closer to home.
Our mission: Working together to give children a better start and adults greater independence.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Meet and greet volunteers give our patients a warm welcome to our clinics and services. They're friendly, they answer questions and they keep people company to help us see patients promptly and deliver a great service.
- You’ll meet and greet patients, relatives and visitors with a friendly and polite welcome
- You’ll direct/accompany patients, families and visitors to their seats or where their appointment is
- You’ll direct enquirers to appropriate members of staff
- You’ll answer face to face enquiries and provide information where appropriate
- You’ll provide information on local amenities such as public transport, availability of refreshments
- You’ll answer general queries about the hospice and its services
- You’ll keep all information given or discussed within the department confidential
- You’ll ensure that any concerns / issues that families / visitors may have are appropriately directed or addressed
- You’ll help collect feedback from customers and visitors, such as our Friends and Family Comment Cards
Finchley Memorial Hospital and Edgware Community Hospital
Variable but at least 2hrs per session Monday-Friday between 07:00-20:00, Saturday & Sunday between 08:00-20:00
Volunteers will need to provide 2 references and have the necessary documents to complete an Enhanced DBS Check
- You’ll be friendly and polite
- You’ll be comfortable approaching patients and visitors in a caring manner
- You’ll be sensitive and tactful, with emotional resilience
- You’ll be reliable and good at time keeping
- You’ll understand personal and professional boundaries
- You’ll enjoy busy and dynamic clinic
- You’ll work on own initiative and ask for help when needed
- Free access to NHS eLearning for Healthcare workers which works as an NHS passport with all learning modules
- Volunteering Hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteers Awards
- Brunel+ Points