CLCH - Speech and Language Therapy Support Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
At CLCH, We provide community health services to more than two million people across eleven London boroughs and Hertfordshire. Every day, our professionals provide high-quality healthcare in people's homes and local clinics, helping them to:
- Stay well
- Manage their own health with the right support
- Avoid unnecessary trips to, or long stays in, hospital
We support our patients at every stage of their lives, providing health visiting for new-born babies through to community nursing, stroke rehabilitation and palliative care for people towards the end of their lives.
Our vision: Deliver great care closer to home.
Our mission: Working together to give children a better start and adults greater independence.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We’re looking for a volunteer to support making paper-based resources to support children and adults to communicate. These include communication books and alphabet boards as well as activity boards and other visual resources.
South Westminster Centre for Health, St Georges House, 82 Vincent Square, London SW1P 2PF
4 hours per week negotiable
- As part of the team, you’ll print the documents needed, laminate them as required and organise them into packs for children
- You’ll enjoy administrative tasks and like organising
- You’ll have good attention to detail
- You’ll undertake light admin duties where necessary like helping with outgoing mail, filing and other tasks.
- You’ll ensure that queries are dealt with in an efficient, helpful and courteous manner.
- You’ll be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- You’ll be reliable and punctual
- You’ll be comfortable using IT and administrative skills.
- Opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people
- Gain valuable experience working within a healthcare setting
- Gain volunteering hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award