CLCH - Green Project Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
At CLCH, We provide community health services to more than two million people across eleven London boroughs and Hertfordshire. Every day, our professionals provide high-quality healthcare in people's homes and local clinics, helping them to:
- Stay well
- Manage their own health with the right support
- Avoid unnecessary trips to, or long stays in, hospital
We support our patients at every stage of their lives, providing health visiting for new-born babies through to community nursing, stroke rehabilitation and palliative care for people towards the end of their lives.
Our vision: Deliver great care closer to home.
Our mission: Working together to give children a better start and adults greater independence.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
If you’re passionate about helping the NHS reach our environmental targets, we need your help!
Join the Sustainability team and support projects across CLCH to reduce emissions, improve our habits and become net-zero. We need someone who is passionate about the environment to get involved with the team and champion our goals among volunteers and staff.
- You’ll engage volunteers at sites across CLCH to look out for ways to be greener
- You’ll help us develop our ‘Green Checklist’ to identify opportunities to improve and challenges to watch out for
- You’ll regularly gather feedback from volunteers and identify areas for attention, keeping up engagement through meetings and email
- You’ll support the team with new ideas for green initiatives
- You’ll support the team with communications and engagement ideas
- You’ll help with data analysis
Parsons Green, 5-7 Parsons Green, SW6 4UL
Around 4 hours per week
- You’ll be passionate about sustainability and environmental issues
- You’ll be organised and good with managing your time
- You’ll be enthusiastic and motivated
- You’ll use your own initiative but be able to ask for help when you need
- You’ll have great communication skills.
- You’ll be comfortable volunteering within a group or by yourself.
- You’ll have strong digital skills, comfortable with Microsoft Word,Excel and Forms (or be willing to learn quickly)
- Free access to NHS eLearning for Healthcare workers which works as an NHS passport with all learning modules
- Gain experience in a busy healthcare environment
- Volunteering Hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award