British Heart Foundation - Online Listings Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
The BHF is here to Beat Heartbreak Forever. Funding research is how we change the game, and we have been funding science since 1961. Heart transplants, pacemakers, portable defibrillators, 3D printed hearts and valve replacements are all breakthroughs we have helped fund. As the biggest independent founder of heart and circulatory research in the UK, we are funding around £100 million worth of research projects every year.
Our vision is a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. It’s a bold ambition, and we cannot achieve it alone. To beat the world’s biggest killers, we need the collective effort of millions. From across research charities, the health service, academia, government, supporters, industry and beyond – we are calling on the nation to get behind our strategy and help us deliver on our promises.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Online selling is a fast-growing and exciting way to retail in the digital age, so if you would like to get involved in this, come to join us at your local BHF shop and help create online sales listings to promote the varied items that we sell.
Maybe you already know your way around online selling platforms or maybe it’s something you want to find out more about, either way, you will be fully supported in this role to make sure you develop the skills and experience needed to become an expert online lister.
Get the satisfaction of seeing the items you list sell for the best possible prices, knowing this will be helping us continue to fund life-saving research.
Typical tasks include:
- Writing informative and accurate descriptions of the items we are selling including details about the condition, measurements and any defects or flaws.
- Make sure the item is placed in the correct selling category to make it easy for customers to find just what they are looking for
- Helping to upload photos to really showcase the items
- 25% discount on all our donated items
- Retail Trust support
- Specialist training
- Certificates of Achievement
- Volunteering Hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteers Awards