Hillingdon Hospital - Appointment Reminder Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Hillingdon Hospital is an acute and specialist services provider in North West London, close to Heathrow Airport for which we are the nearest hospital for those receiving emergency treatment. Providing the majority of services from the Trust, Hillingdon Hospital is the only acute hospital in Hillingdon with a busy Accident and Emergency, inpatients, day surgery, and outpatient clinics.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We would greatly appreciate your assistance in our Outpatient Appointment Centre to support the back office administration tasks that require a good eye for detail, computer literate, professional and courteous with a good telephone manner.
We're seeking motivated people with excellent IT and communication skills who can provide support to our service by updating relevant databases, calling patients, answering the phone, taking messages, using our IT system to receive and reply notes, typing up messages, photocopying and scanning documents.
Full training in the required activities will be given and as such this may suit someone who is a confident computer user.
We are looking for a compassionate, friendly and reliable person to commit to us for a minimum of six months consecutively.
What you will be doing
- Contacting patients to remind of their coming up appointments.
- Monitoring, recording and updating relevant databases in to our IT system
- To demonstrate good customer care relations within the department by living the Trusts CARES Values.
- To ensure that all patient information, such as demographic details and General Practitioner details etc. are correctly recorded on the Patient Management System
- Confirm appointment date, time and location.To ensure that all queries are dealt with in an efficient, helpful and courteous manner.
- Enter patient NHS number, and update all patients details at every contact with patient.
- To receive, log, date stamp and re-distribute GP and internal referral letters whilst meeting internal Trust deadlines thus improving patient’s process through Booking Centre.
- Ensuring accurate records are kept
- To deal with all incoming calls and redirecting callers as required.
- Undertaking scanning, filing and photocopying where required.
- Help with specific tasks related to the service.
- Willing to treat all people with politeness, dignity and respect
- Good IT and administrative skills
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- IT competent and willing to learn new IT skills
- To have excellent communication skills, be empathetic and non-judgemental.
- Calm and composed
- Have patience and the ability to relate and respond well to people.
- Support with administration to various team members
- Understanding the importance of confidentiality and following procedures.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Reliable and punctual
- Able to follow instructions
- Able to liaise with professional staff at all levels.
- Available to volunteer for a minimum of 4 hours a week.
- Satisfaction of assisting others and providing an invaluable service to the Trust and community by helping to reduce the hospital waiting lists.
- An opportunity to develop personal skills and experience
- An opportunity to share your own skills and experiences
- Insight into the workings of Outpatient Services within an acute hospital.
- The possibility of enrolling on to the Volunteer To Career pathway
- Volunteering Hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award