4th Eastcote Scout Group - Scout Assistant Leader
Details of the Charity:Share this
The Scout Association is the largest Scouting organisation in the United Kingdom and is the World Organisation of the Scout Movement's recognised member for the United Kingdom.
The association aims to provide "fun, adventure and skills for life and give young people the opportunity to enjoy new adventures, experience outdoors and take part in a range of creative, community and international activities, interact with others, make new friends, gain confidence and have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We run Beavers (6-8), Cubs (8-10) and Scouts (10-14) sections during term time in the evenings for between 1-2 hours in the evenings. Over time, we hope you will be able to gain the skills to prepare and run games, transition to lead running weekly meetings and maybe even a camp! Additionally, the role could entail admin, providing 1-1 support for children with special needs and finance tasks to assist leaders.
All the training is provided, and everything is paid for, even for attending a camp! We provide uniforms and reimburse for any reasonable costs. You do not need to be a scout in the past to apply but have a passion for young people, doing adventurous activities and giving back.
- Ready to get stuck in, learn new skills and help support the next generation of young people
- Applicants should be committed to volunteering for at least a year in the role; although we encourage flexibility providing advance notice is given if you cannot assist one evening
- DBS check is required; contact Brunel Volunteers team
- Free camps and activities
- We are open to paying for travel expenses to support students if this is a barrier
- Volunteering Hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award