British Heart Foundation - Warehouse Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
The BHF is here to Beat Heartbreak Forever. Funding research is how we change the game, and we have been funding science since 1961. Heart transplants, pacemakers, portable defibrillators, 3D printed hearts and valve replacements are all breakthroughs we have helped fund. As the biggest independent founder of heart and circulatory research in the UK, we are funding around £100 million worth of research projects every year.
Our vision is a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. It’s a bold ambition, and we cannot achieve it alone. To beat the world’s biggest killers, we need the collective effort of millions. From across research charities, the health service, academia, government, supporters, industry and beyond – we are calling on the nation to get behind our strategy and help us deliver on our promises.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Are you someone who would like to stay in shape, help save the planet and raise funds to save lives? Volunteering in your local furniture store warehouse could be the answer. We need Warehouse Volunteers to keep our stock moving from the van to the warehouse and sales floor, and back to the van for delivery when items are sold.
This role can be physical but it’s not just moving furniture around. There are other opportunities to help in our warehouse, such as warehouse logistics, booking stock in, building our flat-packed furniture, and testing electrical items – you can try different roles. You will help protect the environment through recycling while helping us create a world free from the fear of heart disease.
Typical tasks include:
- Safely lifting and carrying a range of furniture items by hand
- Ensuring the warehouse is always kept clean, safe and organised
- Dealing with van deliveries to the shop and preparing deliveries for customers
- Building flat-pack furniture for display purposes and carrying out light furniture repairs if confident alongside the Warehouse Supervisor
- Re-stocking furniture on the shop floor as items are sold
- 25% discount on all our donated items
- Retail Trust support
- Specialist training
- Certificates of Achievement
- Volunteering Hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteers Awards