British Heart Foundation - Sales Floor Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
The BHF is here to Beat Heartbreak Forever. Funding research is how we change the game, and we have been funding science since 1961. Heart transplants, pacemakers, portable defibrillators, 3D printed hearts and valve replacements are all breakthroughs we have helped fund. As the biggest independent founder of heart and circulatory research in the UK, we are funding around £100 million worth of research projects every year.
Our vision is a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. It’s a bold ambition, and we cannot achieve it alone. To beat the world’s biggest killers, we need the collective effort of millions. From across research charities, the health service, academia, government, supporters, industry and beyond – we are calling on the nation to get behind our strategy and help us deliver on our promises.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Our Sales Floor Volunteers are the first point of contact for customers when they enter our shop. You will be greeting customers, helping them find the items they’re looking for and answering their questions, with help on hand from the shop team. You will provide invaluable help in the running of the shop, keeping it stocked and attractively displayed.
Typical tasks include:
- Helping customers on the shop floor & providing good all-round customer service
- Promoting our campaigns and any instore sales to customers
- Working on window and shop displays to make them look their best
- Keeping the shop tidy, clean and well organised – some light housekeeping
- Helping your fellow volunteers and staff with customer queries
- 25% discount on all our donated items
- Retail Trust support
- Specialist training
- Certificates of Achievement
- Volunteering Hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteers Awards