Abdulrahman Albar is a passionate and self-driven electronic engineer from Saudi Arabia, obtained his Bachelor degree with First Class Honours from Brunel University London in Electronic and Electrical Engineering and his master's in Advanced Electronic and Electrical Engineering.
Named one of the top 30 engineers under 30 in the UK and won multiple awards in his field. He aspires to inspire people to make their dreams come to life by helping them bring their designs into existence using 3D Printing. In 2012 his fascination and love for 3D printing started and been growing ever since. He has started his company Amabz 3D to help people bring their ideas to reality using this awesome technology.
Abdulrahman is currently pursuing his PhD in Robotics, to optimise the scaling up of 3D printing for the construction sector, i.e. 3D printing houses. With his collaboration with material scientists, mechanical engineers, and designers he hopes to contribute toward bringing 3D printing to the construction sector, which would move it toward its circular economy goals and provide cheaper, more sustainable methods for construction.
- EW BrightSpark 2018 for talented young 30 engineers under the age of 30 in the UK.
- Vice chancellor's Prize 2018 for student research conference
- The IET Prize 2016 for Best Student on an IET Accredited Course
- The Anson Fund Prize 2016 for innovation in design and engineering relating to medical applications
- Saudi Culture Bureau rewards (4 x) for excellence in the academic work
- Training Certificate on Robotics and Applications at Middle East Concrete & PWV Live 2016 (Big5 Show)
- MSc Advanced Electronic & Electrical Engineering (Distinction)
- BEng Electronic & Electrical Engineering (First Class Honours)
- Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Member of Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA)
CSWA-Additive Manufacturing - Certified Additive Manufacturing Associate SOLIDWORKS