Dr Adeayo Sotayo
Research Fellow in Additive Manufacturing Skills
I have over six years of research experience in Engineering and I have worked on a diverse range of projects. My research interests include Engineering Materials and Design, Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing), Industry 4.0, Timber and Composite Structures, Recycling, Sustainability and Waste management.
I previously worked as a Researcher/Lecturer at the University of Liverpool, and currently work as a Research Fellow/Lecturer in Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing) working towards Industry 4.0. This is part of an European Union project entitled SAM (Sector Skills Strategy in Additive Manufacturing) at Brunel University London. I completed my PhD degree in Engineering (Composite Structures) at Lancaster University in 2016, having graduated from the University of Liverpool with a First Class in Mechanical Engineering in 2013.
I am also a Writer and Speaker, and I have presented around the world, including in Sweden, South Korea, Italy, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Portugal and the UK. Furthermore, I have published 12 academic conference papers, five peer-reviewed journal papers and the chapter of a book (November 2019).
I have supervised several Undergraduate, Masters and PhD Students from the University of Liverpool and Lancaster University, worked on technical R&D projects, supported businesses and SMEs, and also keen to be part of the development of innovative solutions to overcome technical challenges, therefore, I am interested in new collaborations. Please get in touch!
One of my major goals is to inspire and motivate young people, and have recently designed a website (www.drsotayo.com) to inspire different people.
Some of my academic honours and achievements include:
- Association of British Turkish Academics (ABTA) Doctoral Researcher Award in 2018 – Honourable Mention in Engineering
- Winner of the 2016 Institution of Engineering and Technology Present Around the World (PATW) Competition (Lancashire and Cumbria Region)
- Top 100 Future Leaders in 2014 by Powerful Media
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) Best Student in 2013
- Norbury Medal for Best Student in 2013, University of Liverpool
- Stack Award for Personal Development in 2013, University of Liverpool
- International Student Award for Personal Development in 2013, University of Liverpool
- Vice Chancellor's Attainment Scholarship for Academic Excellence from 2010 – 2013, University of Liverpool