Dr Adrienn Tomor
Senior Lecturer in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 265431
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences
- Digital stone construction
- Resilient infrastructure: new smart and sustainable masonry arch bridge construction (SmartArch)
- Structural health monitoring of bridges
- Fatigue deterioration and resilience of ageing masonry arch bridges
- Laboratory, field and non-destructive testing
- Developing ‘Digital Stone’ as a cost-effective, sustainable and technologically advanced construction sector. Digital Stone will combine digital technology with the well-established benefits of masonry (low life-cycle costs, sustainability, resilience)
- Introducing Digital Stone into mainstream construction for infrastructure and housing projects to reduce costs, speed up construction, improve sustainability and build quality
- Developing integrated technology for digital masonry design, material production, digital manufacturing, automated site assembly and embedded sensor technology
Structural Health Monitoring
- Through a €1M EU FP7 Infravation SMART project developed a cost-effective accelerometer-based system to measure the rate of deterioration in civil engineering structures
- Monitoring and embedding sensors into structures
- Probability assessment of critical infrastructure based on real life monitoring data.
- Small and large-scale testing of masonry (brick and stone) for deterioration under long-term live loading and environmental effects
- Assessing the load capacity of masonry due to loss of performance and changing load regimes
Bridge inspection Courses
- Running Bridge Inspection Courses since 2013 to help inspectors and engineers prepare for the Lantra Bridge Inspector Certification Scheme (https://www.lantra.co.uk/bridge-inspectors).
New stone arch bridge in Bristol
- Leading a project to build the first new stone arch bridge in the UK for the past 100 years (Bridge Valley Road project). https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-36795250.
- Put together bridge design, planning application and carried out the consultation process.
- Planning permission was granted by Bristol City Council in 2017.