Mr Akram Zitoun
Akram is a Research Fellow who joined the Brunel Composite Centre in August 2020. The Brunel Composites Innovation Centre (BCC) is a shared research and technology capability specialising in novel composites processing and joining technologies, applied to industrial environments.
Akram is a Chartered Engineer and an Artificial Intelligence enthusiast. He is working on publicly funded research projects and client oriented consultancy and research projects focusing on developing non-detructive testing procedures and structure health monitoring systems for composite materials across multiple industries. He has industrial and project management experience as he was involved in developing mid-to-high TRL equipment for the Oil & Gas industry and the Aerospace industry prior joining BCC.
- Chartered Engineer, Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Member of the Welding Institute
The key responsibilities while working in BCC include:
- Managing collaborative research projects
- Managing and providing technical consultancy to clients through research projects
- Analysing opportunities, developing ideas and writing project proposals
- Writing research papers and dissemination materials
- Designging exepriments and conducting experimental activities