Mr Akram Zitoun
Akram is a Research Fellow who joined the Brunel Composite Centre in August 2020. The Brunel Composites Innovation Centre (BCC) is a shared research and technology capability specialising in novel composites processing and joining technologies, applied to industrial environments.
Akram is a Chartered Engineer and an Artificial Intelligence enthusiast. He is working on publicly funded research projects and client oriented consultancy and research projects focusing on developing non-detructive testing procedures and structure health monitoring systems for composite materials across multiple industries. He has industrial and project management experience as he was involved in developing mid-to-high TRL equipment for the Oil & Gas industry and the Aerospace industry prior joining BCC.
- Chartered Engineer, Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Member of the Welding Institute
The key responsibilities while working in BCC include:
- Managing collaborative research projects
- Managing and providing technical consultancy to clients through research projects
- Analysing opportunities, developing ideas and writing project proposals
- Writing research papers and dissemination materials
- Designging exepriments and conducting experimental activities
Newest selected publications
Zitoun, A., Dixon, S., Edwards, G. and Hutchins, D. (2020) 'Experimental Study of the Guided Wave Directivity Patterns of Thin Removable Magnetostrictive Patches'. Sensors, 20 (24). pp. 1 - 19. ISSN: 1424-8220 Open Access Link