Dr Alvin Chong
Team Manager (Technical)
Brunel Innovation Centre,Cambridge -
- Email: email@example.com
Dr Alvin Chong was born in Singapore (1980). He graduated with a BEng (Hons) degree from University of Hull (UK) in Electronic Engineering. He holds a PhD from Open University (UK) where he researched on acoustic wave propagation in periodic structures (sonic crystal). His research in BIC predominately focused on the novel Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) methods for the aerospace applications. Projects involved in BIC as follows;
- An ICT Enabled Approach to Optimise the Reliability of Manual Ultrasonic Non-Destructive Testing (ICARUS), funded by EC FP7.
- Laser-guided inspection robot for the Non-Destructive Testing of thin steel gauge welds in the shipping industry (X-Scan), funded by EC FP7.
- Radio Frequency Sensing for Non-Destructive Testing of Carbon Fibre Reinforced Composite Materials for Structural Health Monitoring (Comp-Health), funded by EC FP7.
- Long Range Ultrasonic Inspection of Aircraft Wiring (SAFEWIRE), funded by EC FP7.
- Open rotor propellers Ice protection System (ICEPS-ORPS), funded by EC CLEANSKY.
He has published more than 20 papers in international refereed journals and conferences on ultrasonic NDT, electromagnetic NDT, laser system, acoustic band gap material, structural analysis, local resonance material and computational modelling based on finite element method. He is a Chartered Engineer registered with the Engineering Council (UK). He is also a member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology, Institute of Acoustics and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.