Dr Apostolos Pesyridis
Senior Lecturer/Course Director
Howell Building 114
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 267901
I am a Senior Lecturer in the College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences’, Department of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering and work as part of the Centre of Advanced Powertrain and Fuels (CAPF). My research focus is on transportation turbomachinery applications. My research spans advanced turbocharging/supercharging applications, waste exhaust power and heat recovery turbines, as well as novel internal combustion engine valve technologies. My research has included projects in turbocharger aerodynamics, heat transfer, electric turbocharging and supercharging, as well as engine downsizing for both diesel and gasoline engine applications with engine manufacturers and turbomachinery suppliers in the UK, US, Europe and Japan. In addition, my research has included projects in turbocompounding and waste heat recovery turbines for Rankine Cycle systems for application in Diesel engines, as well as Variable Valve Actuation and gas turbine research for aerospace, locomotive and marine applications.
Academic and Professional Qualifications/Memberships
PhD, DIC, MEng, CEng, MIMechE, FHEA, MASME, MSAE, MTC Greece
- 2013-today, Academic, Brunel University London, UK
- 2008-2012, Research Associate, Imperial College London, UK
- 2002-2006, Research Assistant, Imperial College London, UK
- ME1332: Introduction to Design module (1st year workshop)
- ME2555: Placement student supervision (2nd year work placement)
- ME2604: Vehicle Design (2nd year lecture and laboratory)
- ME3309/3399: Individual Major Project (3rd year Beng/Meng project supervision)
- ME3607: Vehicle Dynamics module (3rd year lecture)
- ME3604/ME5541: Vehicle Design (3rd year and MSc lecture and laboratory)
- ME5307/5537: Internal Combustion Engines (5th year/MSc lecture)
- ME5500: Individual Major Project (MSc Dissertation supervision)
- ME5308/5538: Major Group Project module (5th year/MSc group project supervision)
Past Teaching at Imperial College
2004 - 2012: Integrated Design and Manufacture (3rd year), Fluid Mechanics (1st and 2nd year), Thermodynamics (1st and 2nd year), Gas Turbines (4th year), Energy Systems Technology (MSc), Internal Combustion Engines (2nd year)
- I supervise a group of projects in the research areas presented in the Research section.
- Frequent opportunities for a PhD program of study are available; please email me to find out about available projects.
Newest selected publications
Rajoo, S., Romagnoli, A., Martinez-Botas, R., Pesiridis, A., Copeland, C. and Bin Mamat, AMI. (2014) 'Automotive Exhaust Waste Heat Recovery Technologies', inAutomotive Exhaust Emissions and Energy Recovery. NOVA Science Publishers Inc.. ISBN 13: 978-1-63321-493-4.
Pesiridis, A. (2014) 'Automotive Exhaust Emissions and Energy Recovery'. Hauppage, NY, USA: Nova Science Publishers Inc. ISSN 10: 1633214931 ISSN 13: 978-1633214934
Shettigar, V. and Pesiridis, A. (2014) 'Materials Selection for Variable Geometry Turbine Nozzle for Gasoline Engine Application'.ASME TURBO EXPO 2014. Germany. 16 - 20 June[unpublished]
Mustafa, A., Martinez-Botas, RF., Pesiridis, A., Chiong, MS. and Rajoo, S. (2014) 'Assessment of turbocharger turbine unsteady flow modelling methodology on engine performance'.12th Biennial Conference on Engineering Systems Design and Analysis, ESDA 2014. Web Portal ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers).Open Access Link
Terdich, N., Martinez-Botas, RF., Romagnoli, A. and Pesiridis, A. (2013) 'Mild Hybridization via Electrification of the Air System: Electrically Assisted and Variable Geometry Turbocharging Impact on an Off-Road Diesel Engine'. Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, 136 (3). pp. 031703 - 031703. ISSN: 0742-4795