- Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Project Management (PM).
- Artificial Intelligence in Project Management (AI-PM).
- Complex Behavior(s).
- Project Complexity.
- Project Planning.
- User Experience Design (UXD).
- User Interface Design (UID).
- Application of big data in Design.
- Artificial Intelligence and Design.
- Case studies and industrial experiences.
- Collaborative and distributed product development.
- Complexity due to size, multi-disciplinarity, variation, stakeholders, supply chain.
- Design education and learning.
- Design for additive and hybrid manufacturing.
- Design for sustainability.
- Design for user-friendliness.
- Design knowledge supply chain.
- Design theory and development processes.
- Emerging issues.
- Managing complexity – size, requirements, constraints, variants, multi-disciplinary, many stake holders.
- Methods for disruptive innovation.
- Optimization in design.
- Theories for conceptual design and their application.
- Virtual Engineering and Manufacturing.
Research project(s) and grant(s)
InnovateUK: Sustainable bioplastic for Personal Protection Equipment (MediFlex)
- The project addresses the environmental, healthcare and business needs for sustainably produced, fossil-carbon free, single-use PPE.
- The technological challenge is to develop sustainable materials for use in clinical PPE applications that do not contribute to global warming when incinerated or contaminate the environment if disposed of incorrectly.
- An innovative solution to enable sustainable local production with environmental, economic and health benefits for the UK is proposed.
- The project evaluates the needs of users in the healthcare sector so that options for replacement of current plastic PPE can be established.
- Project Supervisor: Dr. Eujin Pei