Professor Dmitry Eskin
Russell Building 119
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 265317
Professor Dmitry Eskin (1963) joined Brunel University and BCAST in January 2011. He received his Engineering and PhD degrees in Russia and worked in Russian Academy of Sciences (1988–1999). Since 1999, he was a Fellow in Materials innovation institute and since 2008 also an Associate Professor in Delft University of Technology (The Netherlands). He also holds positions of Guest Professor at Tomsk State University (Russia), Editor of Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Subject Editor of JOM, and Series Editor at CRC Press. Prof. Eskin is a well-known specialist in physical metallurgy and solidification processing of light alloys, author and co-author of more than 250 scientific papers, 5 patents and 6 monographs. Current interests include fundamentals of continuous casting, effects of external fields on solidification, and composite materials. Prof. Eskin is a recipient of Warren Peterson Cast Shop Technology for Aluminum Production Award (2011, 2013) and Aluminum Technology Award (2013) from TMS (USA).
- Physical processing of molten light alloys under the influence of external Fields (Exomet, FP7)
- Degassing machine for aluminium casting process based on ultrasound (Doshormat, FP7)
- Fundamental study of cavitation melt processing: opening the way to treating large volumes (UltraMelt, EPSRC)
- Development of efficient and scalable ultrasound-assisted solidification technologies for manufacturing advanced metallic alloys (Ultra-Cast. EPSRC)
- New model of the third cycle in engineering education due to Bologna Process in BY, RU, UA (NetCEng, Tempus, FP7)
- Ultrasonic fractional purification of recycled Al alloys (iCase, EPSRC and JLR)
Newest selected publications
Eskin, D. (2020) 'Ultrasonic processing of aluminium alloys above the liquidus: the role of Zr'.The 17th International Conferemc on Aluminium Alloys ICAA17. Grenoble. 5 - 29 October. EDP Sciences. pp. 06002 - 06002. ISSN: 2261-236X Open Access Link
Hou, LG., Xiao, WL., Su, H., Wu, CM., Eskin, DG., Katgerman, L., (2020) 'Room-temperature low-cycle fatigue and fracture behaviour of asymmetrically rolled high-strength 7050 aluminium alloy plates'. International Journal of Fatigue, Volume 142 (January 2021). pp. 1 - 15. ISSN: 0142-1123 Open Access Linket al.
Eskin, D. (2020) 'The scandium story II: Impact on aluminum alloys and their applications'. Light Metal Age -Chicago-, 78 (5). pp. 40 - 44. ISSN: 0024-3345 Open Access Link
Subroto, T., Eskin, DG., Beckwith, C., Skalicky, I., Roberts, D., Tzanakis, I. and (2020) 'Structure refinement upon ultrasonic melt treatment in a DC-casting launder'. JOM Journal of the Minerals, Metals and Materials Society, 72 (11). pp. 4071 - 4081. ISSN: 1047-4838 Open Access Linket al.
Priyadarshi, A., Khavari, M., Subroto, T., Conte, M., Prentice, P., Pericleous, K., (2020) 'On the governing fragmentation mechanism of primary intermetallics by induced cavitation'. Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 70. pp. 105260 - 105260. ISSN: 1350-4177 Open Access Linket al.