Dr Krishna Burugapalli
HP Lecturer - Mechanical Engineering
Krishna Burugapalli's research and teaching interests are in biomaterials, tissue engineering and regenerative medicine, drug delivery, biosensors, medical diagnostics, bioseparations, materials engineering, analytical chemistry, biochemistry and material characterization.
Krishna's current research is focused on engineering nano-structured materials having desired surface chemistries for applications including bioseparations-on-a-chip, sample preparation, chromatography, biosensing, organ-on-a-chip, and scaffolds for tissue engineering.
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering - Biomaterials Track (Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India)
- MSc in Biosciences (Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (Sri Sathya Sai University), Bangalore, India)
- BSc Hons in Biosciences (Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (Sri Sathya Sai University), Prasanthinilayam, India).
- 2008: Research Fellow, Brunel University London
- 2005-2008: Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Nantional University of Ireland, Galway
- 2003-2005: Post-Doctoral Research Associate and Senior Research Fellow, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi
- Health and Safety Manager for Biomedical Engineering Theme, Institute for Environment Health and Environment
- Biological Safety Officer for Department of Biosciences, College of Health and Life Sciences
- Local Laser Safety Officer for Biomedical Engineering Theme, Institute for Environment Health and Environment
- Member on Research Institutes and College of Health and Life Sciences Health and Safety, Human Tissue Act subcommittee, Biological and Genetic Modification Safety committees
- Lab Manager
- Module coordinator for GS5535 - Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine