Membership and affiliation
- Fellow, Royal Anthropological Institute (2008- ); Member of Council (2016-2019); Trustee of the Horniman Fund (2018- )
- Member, Association for Southeast Asian Studies in the UK (2011- ); Member of the Executive Committee (2011-2014)
- Member, Section on Human-Primate Interactions - IUCN Primate Specialist Group (2018- )
- Member, International Advisory Board, SOJOURN: Journal of Social Issues in Southeast Asia (2016- )
- Member, Editorial Board, International Journal of Asian Christianity (2017- )
- Member, International Editorial Board, Oryx - International Journal of Conservation (2019- )
- Member, International Advisory Board, Journal of Borneo/Kalimantan (2020- )
Borneo, indigeneity, conservation, orangutans, Christianity. Some recent non-specialist outputs and appearances include:
- Thung, P. and L. Chua. 2020. 'Why COVID-era campaigns against wildmeat consumption aren't working'. The Conversation, 6 November 2020.
- Chua, L. 2020. 'Living in harmony? It's messy'. Arcus Foundation 2019 annual report - Bending the Arc.
- Chua, L. 2020. ‘Viral devotionality and Christian solidarity in/beyond Borneo’. Dossier Corona - Religious Matters in an Entangled World blog, 30 June 2020.
- Chua, L., S. Partelow and M. Cox. 2020. ‘A social anthropological view on conservation and interdisciplinarity with Liana Chua’. Finding Sustainability Podcast, Environmental Social Science Network, 24 April 2020.
- Chua, L. 2020. 'Making people matter in orangutan conservation'. Brunel University Public Lecture Series, 26 February 2020.
- L. Chua and Rivera, M. 2020. Episode 97: 'How do orangutan conservation and social anthropology work together?' The Arch & Anth Podcast. 10 January 2020.
- Fair, J. 2019. ‘Studying human behavior to protect orangutans: Q&A with Liana Chua’. Mongabay. 11 January 2019.
- Chua, L. 2018. ‘Iceland advert: conservation is intensely political, let’s not pretend otherwise’. The Conversation, 14 November 2018.
- Chua, L. 2017. ‘Decoded: What religious beliefs reveal about post-truth politics’. SAPIENS, 31 May 2017.
- Chua, L. 2015. ‘Orangutans need more than your well-meaning clicktivism’. The Conversation, 24 September 2015.