Ms Marjan Angoshtari
Michael Sterling 160
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 267348
Marjan Angoshtari joined Brunel Design in August 2017 as a Lecturer in Industrial Design. Prior to working at Brunel University London, Marjan worked as an Innovation Designer and Project Lead at the Glasgow School of Art and the Digital Health and Care Institute, a Scottish Funding Council Innovation Centre, for around three years.
Following a Bachelor’s as well as a Master’s Degree with Distinction in Industrial Design from her hometown Tehran, Iran, Marjan studied Innovation Design Engineering at the Royal College of Art at Master’s Level where she was awarded the James Dyson Foundation Bursary and a Commendation from the Helen Hamlyn Centre for Design. She then worked as the Ideator and Design Fellow as part of the Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Design Project (IE&D) at Imperial College Business School before joining a New Products Development team in South Wales as an Industrial Design Engineer. During her professional life, Marjan has worked on many different projects with various companies in England, Wales, Scotland and Japan. She also worked as a Visiting Lecturer with Postgraduate students in parallel to her professional practice before moving to Scotland.
Her key areas of expertise lie in Design Innovation, Design Strategy and New Products Development (NPD) with a focus on Disruptive Market Innovation (DMI). She has a specific interest in Healthcare Innovation and New Products Development in Medical Devices and Technologies.
- Module Leader - two Level 3 and MSc modules:
- Level 3: Contextual Design (Design Innovation and Brand-repositioning) - 2017/18 - 84 students
- MSc Integrated Product Design: Design Creativity and Aesthetic Awareness - 2017/18 - 36 students
- Level 2 Tutor - 2017: Design Process 2
- Major Project Supervisor – Level 3 - 2017/18: 5 students
- MSc Integrated Product Design and MA Design Strategy and Innovation Supervisor - 2017/18: 6 students