Dr Mohammed Radi
Howell Building 306a
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 265749
- Power systems
- Power electronics
- Smart Grids
- Renewable energy integration
- Sustainable electrical power and energy
- Artificial intelligence and control in power systems
- Common information modelling
- Power quality in power systems
- Energy management
- Modelling of a data exchange process in the power system field.
- Communication and coordination between distribution and transmission networks
- Transformers and voltage regulations at the last mile of the network.
- Flexible AC transmission systems (FACTS)
- Sustainability in power systems and energy
Research project(s) and grant(s)
Working in a funded project by EU horizon 2020 that is coordinated by Prof Gareth Taylor the director of BIPS:
Coordination of Transmission and Distribution data eXchanges for renewables integration in the European marketplace through Advanced, Scalable and Secure ICT Systems and Tools (TDX-ASSIST www.tdx-assist.eu)
The project aims to design and develop novel Information and Communication Technology (ICT) tools and techniques that facilitate scalable and secure information systems and data exchange between Transmission System Operator (TSO) and Distribution System Operator (DSO). The three novel aspects of ICT tools and techniques to be developed in the project are: scalability – ability to deal with new users and increasingly larger volumes of information and data; security – protection against external threats and attacks; and interoperability –information exchange and communications based on existing and emerging international smart grid ICT standards.